What are wrinkle erasers?
Wrinkles such as worry lines, laugh lines, neck lines, crow’s feet and neck bands are caused by muscles under the skin contracting when we laugh, smile or express emotions facially. Wrinkle erasers such as BOTOX® works on the root of the cause, the muscles. BOTOX® temporarily weakens the skin’s muscles, reducing its ability to contract. No contractions mean no wrinkles, and skin smoother, tighter and wrinkle-free skin.
- Member Rate: $12/unit
- Non Member Rate: $14/unit
What type of wrinkle erasers are there?
Blush Med offers a variety of FDA approved wrinkles erasers, such as Botox, administered by our Medical Health Professionals.
Blush Med is proud to be BOTOX® Cosmetics premier provider in Bethesda. BOTOX® is a prescription- only medication that helps reduce wrinkles on the face. It works particularly well on frown lines between the eyebrows and crow’s feet.
As we get older, the wrinkles on our face tend to get deeper and much more visible. These wrinkles make us look and feel older than we really are. And while that’s just how life is, it doesn’t mean you can’t do anything about it. BOTOX® can help reduce those wrinkles and make you look and feel younger.
You will typically see results within 5 days and 14 days in some cases. The treatment lasts for three to four months. Clients who repeat the treatments every few months over a period of time and follow suggestions and recommendations typically see longer-lasting results.
- Ingestion of alcoholic beverages prior to treatment can increase the chances of bruising and/or swelling.
- No anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Vioxx,etc.), aspirin, Vitamin E, or Ginko Biloba one week prior to treatment. This will reduce the possible side effects of bruising and/or swelling in area(s) of treatment.
- You cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding to receive treatment.You cannot be allergic to eggs or egg products to receive treatment.
- Do not lie down for 2 to 4 hours following treatment.
- Facial exercises (squint/frown/smile) are strongly recommended in the treated area for one hour after injection.
- Avoid manipulation of treated area for a minimum of four hours.
- By following the above measures you will minimize the occurrence of ptosis (droopy eyelids), bruising, and less than optimal outcomes.
- Common side effects include a slight headache lasting a few hours up to 48 hours, and
temporary bruising and/or swelling.
BOTOX may cause serious side effects, some of which can be life threatening. These include:
- Problems swallowing, speaking, or breathing
- Loss of strength and all-over muscle weakness
- Double/blurred vision
- Hoarseness of voice
- Trouble articulating certain words
- Loss of bladder control
- Rash/red itchy welts
- Wheezing/asthmatic symptoms
- Dizziness/feeling fainting/tiredness
- Dry mouth
- Discomfort or pain at the injection site
Please tell your Blush doctor if you are:
- Allergic to any ingredient in BOTOX®
- Have any muscle or nerve conditions such as ALS, Lou Gehrig’s Disease, or Myasthenia Gravis
- Had surgery or have plans to have surgery on the face
- Are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant
- Are breast feeding, or plan to breastfeed
- Have weak forehead muscles, drooping eyelids, or trouble raising your eyebrows
- Are taking any medications (prescription, non-prescription, vitamins, herbal products)
- Have received any other botulinum toxin product in the last 4 months, or have received injections of botulinum toxin, such as Myobloc®, Dysport®, or Xeomin® in the past
- Have recently received an antibiotic by injection
- Take muscle relaxants
- Take an allergy or cold medicine
- Take a sleep medicine
- Take antiplatelets or anti-coagulants
BOTOX is approved for use between the eyebrows and moderate to severe crow’s feet lines in adults. However, it has also proven effective in these areas:
- Lines on the forehead (worry lines)
- Nasolabial folds (laugh lines)
- “Bunny lines” in the nasal area
- Corners of the lips/fine lines above the lips
- Outer part of nostrils
For non-aesthetic reasons, BOTOX is used to treat:
- Severe underarm sweating
- Cervical dystonia (severe neck and shoulder muscle contractions)
- Blepharospasm (uncontrollable blinking)
- Strabismus (misaligned eyes)
- Chronic migraine
- Overactive bladder
Before your BOTOX treatment, your Blush clinician will perform a complete medical history to determine if you are a good candidate for BOTOX®. A complete facial examination will follow to see which areas of your face can benefit from the treatment. You will be asked to do things like raising and furrowing your eyebrows, squinting, and wrinkling your nose. Factors such as wrinkle crease depth and symmetry are noted, and your treatment plan will be designed around those findings. You will also be asked about medications you are taking, allergies you may have, or activities you may be undergoing.
Right after the treatment, expect a slight discomfort from the injected areas. There shouldn’t be any pain afterward. You may be asked to perform facial exercises by frowning and smiling frequently for the next hour right after the treatment. Approximately 10 days later, you will start to see the effects of BOTOX in the form of less wrinkles and smoother skin. You can resume your normal daily activities right after the treatment, although anything strenuous should be avoided for one to two days.